Updated: Mar 9
Are you planning a wedding in 2023? What about 2024? Even though our ballroom at the Springfield Woolen Mills is not totally ready for you to tie the knot, we’re so excited that we are already researching fun ideas on how to make your wedding really reflect YOUR personality. If you see something here you like, be sure to discuss your idea with your wedding planner!
If you’d like to be notified when we’re ready for wedding bookings, please visit our events page and click the notification button! We’ll add you to a list, and you’ll be the first to know!
Okay, on to the content we promised….
1) Instead of kids as ring bearers, include older generations such as grandparents or maybe matchmakers if this applies to you.
2) Mix up your seating. Incorporate square and rectangular tables into the space. Use mix-matched chairs to also add a funky, vintage vibe.
3) Create a cozy and “green” environment by using real or silk trees. Using trees can divide a large space into two designated sections, i.e. a ceremony side vs a reception side. Placing them around the perimeter of the room will help enclose the space visually and also provide a living element which can transform the energy of a venue.
4) Use a non-traditional wedding guest book, such as puzzle pieces that can be framed later, or this from SeanOfAngeles on Etsy: TREE & LEAVES Wedding Guest Book Alternative Wedding Guest - Etsy
5) Consider placing food tables around the room to create an opportunity for guests to interact with one another while selecting their food rather than staying seated through the entire reception.
6) Choose a non-traditional bouquet like succulents or even studded jewels or reclaimed vintage brooches.
7) Have charcuterie boards from around the world to represent your love of traveling and food.
8) If you love music, incorporate guitar picks as part of your wedding such as in the boutonniere or table arrangements.
9) Hire a comedian to warm up the crowd.
10) Bake your favorite homemade cookies to go along with your cake.
11) Along with your memorable father and mother dance, include your siblings and dance to their favorite song. You might even want to choreograph something goofy and meaningful with a sibling or best friend.
12) If you collect any type of memorabilia, decorate your wedding tables with vintage toys, signage, or any other thing you collect.
13) Recreate your first meal together as a couple for your main dish.
14) Build a fun pinata for a fun after-party.
15) Have guests write out a newlywed bucket list for the bride and groom.
16) Choreograph a dance routine with your bridesmaids and groomsmen.
17) Have a kids table with crayons, coloring books and printable activities to keep them entertained.
18) Create centerpieces with different themes for each table.
19) Display a fun fact about the bride or groom on each table.
20) Have Polaroid cameras on each table and create a Polaroid wall where guests can clip on photos throughout the night. For reviews on the best Polaroid cameras of 2023, click here: 5 Best Polaroids - Jan. 2023 - BestReviews